Follow us on Facebook for regular updates on the festival. The dates for the next Blueberry Festival are 1 & 2 February 2020.
PLEASE NOTE THIS YEAR’S BERRY FESTIVAL WILL REQUIRE ENTRY TICKETS FOR THE VILLAGE MARKET AND THE BLUEBERRY FARM. PLEASE GO TO QUICKET.CO.ZA TO BOOK YOUR TICKETS.
- The highlight of the weekend is being able to pick your own delicious blueberries at Blueberry Heights Farm. Saturday and Sunday 9am – 4pm. Please book your tickets through Quicket.co.za.
- The seventh Berry Festival Trail Run will have races available for all levels of runner from beginner to expert. The run takes place at Blueberry Heights Farm on Sunday 2 February 2020. Registration from 07:00 – 07:45 and races start at 8. More info. Please book your tickets through Quicket.co.za.
- In the village you can visit the market where you can buy berry and local produce, home-made delicacies and village specialities. Saturday and Sunday 9am to 4pm. Please book your market entry tickets through Quicket.co.za.
- Local restaurants and tea gardens will be serving their own unique berry faire including mouth-watering desserts and tantalising cocktails.
- Don’t forget to take in some breath-taking sights and have fun exploring our beautiful natural forests and mountain valleys.
- We are still planning other activities for the weekend so be sure to check back closer to the time or follow us on Facebook for updates.
Pick your own blueberries at Blueberry Heights Farm. Seek out the most delicious sun-ripened fruit in the orchards. You can also buy punnets of blueberries to take home with you. You can also visit an Organic Cheese Dairy Farm and do a cheese tour.
At the Harvest Market in the historic village of Haenertsburg you can buy fresh farm produce, choose from a selection of home-made berry jams, pickles and preserves or visit the many stalls where you can buy organic cheeses, home-made cakes, plants, second-hand books, arts and crafts and many other unique items.
In the village and surrounding areas you can enjoy delightful meals at a number of restaurants and the local pubs. You can also explore the shops where you will find books, gifts and collectibles.
The area is renowned for its spectacular scenery. You can hike or drive through the indigenous forests, go birding, hike in the grasslands, enjoy adventure sports, do some fly-fishing, go horse riding or quad biking.
Pick Your Own Blueberries
Blueberry Heights grows delicious, healthy blueberries in harmony with nature. We are an organically certified producer of export quality fresh and frozen blueberries. Come to the farm to pick your very own perfect blueberries to take home with you. We have our own range of blueberry products including cordial, jam and other products which will be available to purchase. Directions: Take the R71 from Haenertsburg towards Tzaneen. After about 7 km’s the farm is on the right hand side at the A24 turnoff (we’re just up the hill after you pass Stanford Lake College).
The cost will be R60 per adult, R40 for children under 12. For people who don’t want to pick the entrance fee to the farm is R30 per adult and R10 per child. Blueberries are also available to purchase at R60 for a 500g container. Blueberry Heights will be open from 09h00 until 16h00 on the Saturday (01 February 2020) and Sunday (02 February 2020) during the festival. Please book your tickets through Quicket.co.za.
Visit the farm to experience everything from blueberry picking, to live music, to trail running, to throwing gumboots!
Visit the Blueberry Heights Website to see more of what’s on offer.
Grab the whole family and soak up the countrified charms of this quaint little dairy farm. Take a tour, taste and watch cheese being made in the traditional way! Cows are milked by hand and curds are stirred in a big copper cauldron over a fire. Kids will love checking out the chickens, ducks and geese while the older folk are stocking up on organic cheese and dairy products. You’ll find a tempting array of yoghurt, feta, ricotta, cottage and other hard and soft cheeses. Directions: Take the R71 from Haenertsburg to Tzaneen. After about 5km’s take the turn off left towards Cheerio, continue for 2 km and when the road forks take the road to the right. Visit the Wegraakbosch Website or Contact Sylvi on email@example.com or tel: 0716875218